Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Detail Oriented

Here's another post about my wonderful, amazing Mommy. I love her dearly, but sometimes she gets a little over-excited. For example, I once casually mentioned that I thought it would be neat to learn how to play guitar. That year on Christmas, I unwrapped a guitar, complete with a how-to cd (this was a total bust; as it happens, I have negative amounts of musical talent).

A little backpedaling: My honey and I have booked a venue. It ultimately came down to the phrase "I trust you." He still hasn't actually been there yet, although he's seen pictures. It's perfect, I promise. One of the things I especially like about the location is how casual it is: wine-tasting patio by day, wedding hotspot at night. During the day, they have adorable wooden tables and chairs, which apparently go bye-bye during weddings in favor of the more wedding-y 60" round tables. I haven't seen it decked out with round tables, but I really like the wood ones. 

Anyhoo... I was discussing this detail with Mom, and she agreed that the wood tables are fantastic, no tablecloths needed. I suggested that table runners might be a nice touch to dress them up just a touch.

Two days later, I got an email from Mom with a link to a table runner website (there really are websites for everything, apparently), including the name of the one that she thinks will look best with our colors. This is even more impressive given that all I gave her for colors are the kinds of flowers I want.

The scary thing is, I think she might have nailed it.

1 comment: