Friday, March 22, 2013

All Dolled Up

Everyone who knows me, knows that I dye my hair. Actually, I get it done by someone else, but that's not the point. The point is, I went to my stylist yesterday for the first time since getting engaged. If possible, she's even more excited about the upcoming wedding than my mom is. 

Let me explain: I've been going to the same stylist for way longer than I've been with my honey. Or anyone else, with the exception of my mom and one or two friends. We go way back. So that's one reason she's so excited. The other is that I think she's trying to live vicariously; she and her boyfriend have been together for nearly a decade, and he has yet to pop the question (I accidentally typed "poop" there--ha). I don't know how to break it to her that it's doubtful whether that will actually end up happening with her beau, but that's a whole other can of worms, so we won't go into detail on that.

Of course she wanted to talk about wedding hair and wedding dresses. You can't decide what to do with your hair until you know what you're wearing, apparently. As much as we could plan at this juncture (without the benefit of having a dress) was side bangs and down-ish and pulled to the side. But her plans didn't stop there.

She pulled out her calendar to block off my wedding date (as requested), and kept it out. Apparently, I need to get the color done the Tuesday before. That makes sense to me. And possibly a Brazilian Blowout on the bangs and wispy side pieces. Maybe. I still haven't agreed to that part. Scribble all that into her calendar. Two days before the big day, she wants me to do some other things that I truly don't understand. False eyelashes (I actually really like the ones I have). Spray tan (two things: I have never in my life gotten or even thought about getting a spray tan, and I'm getting married near the end of summer, and will at that time be naturally tanned to a healthy crisp shade of brown... or several shades). Hair extensions (my hair isn't super thin, I think I'll be fine). 

"And you have to thread your eyebrows."
"What? No, I don't."
"Yes, you do. If I have to hold you down and do it myself, I will."
"We'll talk about it later."

No comments:

Post a Comment