Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Simplify Meal Planning: Identifying Family Favorites

With other bloggers creating lists of their go-to meals, I realized I don’t have anything like that for my family. And I probably should. After all, having a list of meals you know your family likes makes meal planning easier. I’ve been compiling this list over the last couple of weeks and then reviewing it after checking my fridge (and freezer and pantry) and grocery ads before coming up with my shopping list for the week. And I’m saving about $20 a week on groceries and spending less time planning! Win-win!

Our go-to meals: 

Chicken fajitas 
Chicken fried rice 
Chicken and rice bowls
Chicken salad sandwiches
Grilled cheese 
Taco bowls (or tacos)
Stuffed peppers 
Lettuce wraps 
Stuffed chicken parm
Steak rolls
Chicken fried steak 
Burgers 
Ribs
Chili
Pigs in a blanket 
Beans and cornbread
Thai chicken wraps
Stuffed shells 
Meatball subs
Mac and cheese
Pumpkin-sauced spaghetti
Pizza
Carnitas
Barbecue pork
Breakfast 

Sides:
Salad
Coleslaw (regular or peanut)
Cornbread 
Sweet potato fries or chips
Roasted potatoes 
Garlic toast 
Carrots and ranch

Breakfasts:
Whole wheat muffins
Donuts
Pancakes 
Breakfast burritos
Breakfast sandwiches 
Scrambled eggs

Snacks:
Apple with peanut butter (or pb dip)
Nuts
Yogurt and granola
Protein shake
Fruit

Desserts:
Cookies
Fudgy brownies
Microwave brownie

1 comment: