Friday, May 24, 2013

The Ring(s)

We have our wedding bands. Check that off the to-do list.

During my internet search for the perfect engagement ring, I stumbled across some pretty cool wedding bands, too. I showed them to my honey and asked for his opinion. We had the same favorite part of the bands, which is the material. They're titanium, which, in addition to the awesome connection to Greek mythology, is supposedly one of the sturdiest of the metals (i.e. scratch resistant) which I see as a definite plus. For both of us.

Beyond that, there were lots of options. My honey and I each picked out our favorite texture: his has striations that make it look rugged (a perfect fit) and mine is simple and polished. We both got the comfort fit option, obviously (who would pick uncomfortable, really?). 

And now for the really cool part: we each picked a color for the inside of our rings. The craftsman making them oxidizes the metal on the interior of the band to make it pretty much any color of the rainbow. My honey went with deep blue and I went with sky blue. 

So our rings kind of match, but not too much. We're still individuals with our own personalities and opinions. And I think these rings definitely reflect that.

When we went to get sized for our wedding rings, the Jeweler tried several different sizes on my honey. When the Jeweler found the one that fit best, he looked at me and said, "He's a 10!" Of course he is, but do we really have to keep encountering wedding professionals who insist on cliches? It's like The Dress all over again.

1 comment:

  1. Ohhhh Baby!!! Made me cry (after I just finished all my make-up)

    ReplyDelete