Tuesday, May 21, 2013

No Regrets

People keep offering me their opinions about what constitutes the perfect wedding. I know they mean well. The funny thing is that they all voice their opinions in the same way: "I don't want you to regret (insert opinion here)." But I'll let you in on a secret.

I'm not making big decisions on the fly. I have thought about things like who to invite and who will be walking me down the aisle. In fact, I've thought about both of these things a lot, both recently and even before I was planning my wedding. My logic may not be clear to the people voicing their alternate opinions, but it is crystal clear to me. I am planning my wedding to maximize my (and my honey's) enjoyment of the event and overall happiness. Period.

And I think that's how it should be.

2 comments:

  1. Make it what you want honey! Opinions are like belly buttons everyone has one and they tend to forget that this is for you, not them. Stand strong!

    ReplyDelete