Friday, May 3, 2013

Mommy and Me

Today I went to visit my mom. We decided to take the opportunity to work on one of the details we haven't touched yet: flowers. 

She's previously told me one of her ideas: for the ceremony space, put jars full of flowers hanging from shepherds hooks running down the aisle. When she showed me the jars she'd bought for this purpose, I chose to focus on the obvious flaw, which was the outlandish color. Today, we got to the real issue.

I've known what flowers I want in my wedding since before I knew the groom. All little girls fantasize about what their wedding dress is going to be like, right? At least that's what someone told me. I didn't have a dream dress picked out, or a dream man (although I definitely have both of those now), but I did have dream flowers. Think tropical. A few orchids, some ginger, probably a lot of greenery. While I've told my mom this in the abstract, today we went to a florist so I could actually show her. I scribbled down their prices and we went on to what I'll call the Everything Store (Random Crap Store would be equally descriptive) to look at vases. We found ones that I like, bought the entire supply, and my honey and I will be (hopefully, if I can convince him to come with me) going to the closer-to-home location of the Everything Store to get just a few more vases to put on our reception tables, and then we still need to find a good price on things to put in them. Still plenty of time for that. At least we got one thing accomplished.

And my flowers will look quite lovely tied onto the sides of the chairs going down the aisle. They wouldn't really fit into jars. Sorry, Mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment