Thursday, May 16, 2013

It's A Date!

In addition to working full time and planning my wedding, this summer I'm also starting graduate school. Last night, I went to orientation for the program, where they gave us some of the dates when we'll be meeting in person. To better accommodate everyone's schedules, there are two choices for every session: Saturday and Sunday of the same weekend. One of the first dates happens to be the same date as my wedding.

I raised my hand: "One of these days is mandatory? So we have to be there either Saturday or Sunday? I'm getting married that Saturday." And I can think of a bazillion things I'd rather be doing the day after my wedding than spending all day in class. Like getting ready for my honeymoon.

This is what came next:

"We have several excellent wedding venues here" (from one of the men associated with the program, obviously).

The program facilitator chimed in: "I'm sure we can work something out."

Excellent, because I would hate to have to postpone getting a graduate degree because of my wedding. Or get married in the same location where I will be getting the aforementioned degree.

1 comment:

  1. Auntie Bonnie planned her wedding for Halloween 1987. She changed the date when she found out YOU were due on Halloween 1987!!! Hee-Hee-Hee!!!

    ReplyDelete