Sunday, June 2, 2013

Stuff

My honey and I decided we wanted to do a Honeymoon Registry instead of a Gift Registry. Gift Registries are basically just Stuff. Believe me when I say that we don't need any more Stuff. We already have plenty of Stuff. In fact, I spend a significant amount of time trying to reduce the amount of Stuff in our home. Which never seems to work as well as I would like it to. We're like Stuff magnets.

What we don't have is a Honeymoon. We'd like to have one of those. I mean we'd really like to. We want to go on a Once-In-A-Lifetime kind of Honeymoon (which I guess is what all Honeymoons should be; you don't plan on having multiple occasions for a Honeymoon). 

My honey and I enjoy watching the Discovery Channel. We're big fans of Shark Week. We agreed that at some point, we'd like to make our way to South Africa to see the great white sharks breach at Seal Island. Our Honeymoon seemed like the perfect opportunity. The downside to traveling to South Africa? It's not an inexpensive place to visit, and neither of us exactly has high-paying jobs. Hence, the Honeymoon Registry.

Another snag in the planning: our travel agent said No. There was no possible way for the travel agency to do a Honeymoon Registry. I might have started crying at this point. The travel agent said (sympathetically?) "You were really counting on that." Clearly. See previous comments regarding Stuff. After I got home from my visit with the travel agent, I talked to my honey and my mom, both of whom had the same brilliant suggestion: "can't you just set up a Honeymoon Registry online?" Oh, yeah. Problem solved.

No comments:

Post a Comment