Saturday, March 14, 2020

Overthinking

Yesterday, I finished reading a book titled Don't Overthink It. In it, author Anne Bogel shares a story about overthinking whether or not to buy flowers at Trader Joe's (and ultimately regretting her decision not to). Today, I was planning a trip to a different grocery store, but found myself instead at Trader Joe's because my son LOVES that they have baby carts that he can push himself (which is literally the cutest thing ever). 


Right inside the door, I stopped to look at the flowers. I ultimately decided not to buy any because I didn't love the selection they had, even though I do love having fresh cut flowers to brighten up my dreary kitchen. We finished our shopping, and an employee came up to us as we were checking out and offered us free daffodils. I have trouble accepting things for free, so I asked why they were giving away the daffodils. She said the flowers were opening and wouldn't last long and they wanted to "brighten people's day." At which point I realized that I needed to stop overthinking the situation, say thanks for the daffodils, appreciate the kick in the butt from the Universe, and decide not to overthink buying flowers in the future. 



No comments:

Post a Comment