Monday, March 27, 2017

Impractical Stuff

I seem to be having a slight identity crisis. It's more like a clash between my whimsical side and my practical side. Or between my youth and my adulthood.

I know, in the grand scheme of things, it's basically nothing. But it doesn't feel like nothing.

Hubby and I are trying to declutter. Again. Still. It feels like we're always fighting a losing battle with stuff.

We always seem to acquire more stuff than we get rid of. Especially clothes, so I decide to start there. I quickly run into a problem. I have a lot of clothes that I like and are cute and completely impractical. Like the strapless red party dress with the short poofy skirt that I love that I've worn once. It's not something that's really mama-esque even if I did miraculously have an occasion when it would be appropriate to wear it. But I don't want to get rid of it. I'm just not ready to let go of that part of me. So, even though it isn't practical, I'm going to put it back in my closet. At least until the next time I try to declutter.


1 comment:

  1. I Know that dress!!! It IS Totally Adorable and you Kill in it!!!!

    ReplyDelete