Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Painting

My honey and I have been working on painting our new home. When we bought it, the exterior paint was peeling away like crazy. Not exactly weatherproof. The trim was the worst, so we started there. Scrape, sand, wash, paint. Scrape, sand, wash, paint. Scrape, sand, wash, paint.

There's a lot of trim. 

Finally, we're done with that (at least as much as we can reasonably reach). So we picked out a color for the main body of our home. Before, it was a deep red. By the time we're done, it's going to be what I've fondly been referring to as really f*cking red. 

The color we picked for the house is called Burning Bush. The color we picked for the trim is called Snowbank. Fire and ice. Seemingly opposites that complement each other. Like a lot of things. Including my honey and me. 

3 comments:

  1. Not trying to nitpick here but I thought the house was pretty f**king red before. Just throwing it out there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keith, when you were here it was a combination of old red and new red. Which it still is. So many projects, so little time.

    ReplyDelete