Saturday, August 3, 2013

Tears

At my second Dress fitting, my Mommy wanted to go over a lot of details. Have we confirmed with the Florist? The Cake? How are we doing with getting back our RSVP cards? Have we settled the Suit versus Tux debate?

While I was wearing the Dress, she asked "Do you have your something old, something new, something borrowed and something blue? Obviously you have the something new, that's your dress... Are you borrowing that cake cutter from your friend?" I am, although I don't think a cake cutter necessarily cuts it (sorry, I couldn't resist) in terms of the Something Borrowed. You're supposed to wear the old/new/etc, right? My Mommy had previously offered to let me borrow something that had been my Dad's. It's old, so I was figured I could use it as a two-for-one. I think I'll take her up on wearing it. As soon as the words started to come out of my mouth, water started to well up someplace else. Next thing I knew, someone was handing me a wad of toilet paper to dab at my eyes (There had been a search for a "tissue" and toilet paper was the closest thing anyone could find? In a Wedding Dress Shop? Where people presumably cry with some frequency?). On the other hand, the Big Day should be a happy event, and I would definitely be less emotional about just borrowing the cake cutter. Thankfully, I still have three whole weeks to make a decision about that.

At least the blue is easy. It's the color of my garter.

1 comment:

  1. I'm So Sorry I made you cry baby!!! I felt like the Worst Wretch Mommy in the World!@!@ I want you to be the happiest, least-stressed bride there ever was . . . LOVE YOU!!!!

    ReplyDelete