Thursday, August 15, 2013

Tasty, Tasty Changes

As it turns out, our wedding will be a bit more intimate than my honey and I had initially anticipated. While there are emotional moments over who will or will not be sharing the Big Day with us, there is one unanticipated perk of slimming down our number of guests.

Our cake is shrinking. Not in the Alice in Wonderland sense, but because my honey and I don't necessarily want to feel obligated to consume large amounts of leftover Wedding Cake in the less-than-24-hours between when our Wedding ends and our Honeymoon begins. What this means is that the dynamic of our cake is changing. Instead of having more of the chocolate peanut butter than our other two flavors, we now have equal portions of all three (we couldn't stand to eliminate either the strawberries and cream or the red velvet to reduce the total amount of cake). Which means that the top tier of our cake doesn't have to be chocolate peanut butter cake. Which means that our "ceremonial" cake cutting doesn't have to be chocolate peanut butter cake. Which drastically reduces the chances of me getting upset about my honey smearing chocolate peanut butter cake all over me. Which is going to reduce my stress and lead to a much more enjoyable time. Hooray!

1 comment: