Thursday, November 28, 2019

Snowed-In Thanksgiving

This year, our Thanksgiving was smaller than usual. And that's saying something, because five is a pretty typical crowd for us. We had to cancel our Thanksgiving pilgrimage to family on account of snow, which meant trying to make it still feel like Thanksgiving while not overdoing it for the two and a half eaters in our house. And keeping a toddler happy. With approximately two days' notice from not-cooking-anything to cooking everything. I'm pretty satisfied with the menu we ended up with:

glazed ham

mashed potatoes

gingerbread cookies (recipe from my old school Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook and epic selection of cookie cutters from Amazon)

chickpea, avocado and feta salad (from Two Peas and Their Pod)

mini raspberry turnovers (modified from my blackberry turnovers)

So today I'm thankful for my toddler who loves to bake with me, my husband for holding the baby so I can, and my Kitchenaid stand mixer.

1 comment: