Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Every day is a new day.

Today was not my day. 

Leaving home is always a big deal because I have a toddler and also live an hour away from anywhere. Today, we needed to leave home to get new tires. As it happens, gorilla glue will only temporarily patch a hole in your tire (but it will do in a pinch). My toddler was playing in the car while I got our stuff together. He had the key when we went back inside to finish getting ready to go. 

And then he didn’t. 

And then I spent an hour and a half looking for the car key, because of course we bought it used and without a spare. I found a 6-12 month baby sock deep in the bowels of the couch (he’ll be 2 next week). I found some spare change. I almost cried and I almost yelled. I finally found the key. 

Of course that would be the one thing my toddler forgot where he put it. He usually remembers everything, including where I don’t remember that I’ve put stuff. 

We finally left to get the tires and run errands. I thought the day was turning around. We checked everything off of our shopping list. 

And then I left six bottles of wine at the grocery store. 

So now I’m in bed with a sleeping toddler and a Benadryl and so ready to have a better day tomorrow. 


Cheers!

1 comment: