Thursday, September 13, 2018

Snickerdoodles



I casually mentioned that I wanted a cookie. Hubby asked if I knew that snickerdoodles are his third favorite cookies. I said I do now. And that’s how I decided to make snickerdoodles. 


Didn’t they come out pretty?

I started with this recipe from Cookies & Cups and tweaked it based on a) not having cream of tartar and b) not wanting two dozen cookies. Having more cookies in our house somehow doesn’t make them last any longer, so I try to make smaller batches in an attempt to have fewer unhappy tummies. 

Cream together 6 tbsp warmed butter, 3/8 cup white sugar, 1/4 cup brown sugar. Mix in 1 egg and a splash of vanilla. Then mix in 1/2 tsp baking soda, 1 tsp mild tasting vinegar (the original recipe used cream of tartar, but who has that? Seriously?), and 1/2 tsp cinnamon. Mix in 1 3/8 cup flour. Roll dough into 12 balls; roll each ball in a cup of cinnamon sugar (1/8 cup sugar and 1/2 tbsp cinnamon). Place cinnamon sugary dough balls on parchment paper lined cookie sheet and bake for 11 minutes at 325 degrees. Let cool (or don’t) and enjoy!


2 comments: