Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Hunting Season

My honey and I have begun hunting for a house. Correction: a home. In order to find the right home, we must start by finding the right realtor.

The first realtor we made contact with talked with us for two days before he vanished. Maybe he lost interest in us, maybe he got into some terrible accident. I guess we'll never know.

We got off to a better start with the second realtor. She took us out one sunny day to look at several properties. During the drive around town, she got lost. A lot. There were several points at which I considered asking her if she would permit either my honey or I to drive because I feared for our safety. This was slightly less than ideal.

The third realtor was someone associated with the bank, who called after we got pre-approved for a loan. He talked. And he talked. Primarily about himself and his experience. Apparently we went to the same university. He didn't get around to asking what we were looking for in a home.

We've moved on to our fourth realtor. So far, we've gone looking at properties twice. His schedule doesn't always match ours, so my honey and I are going to go out this weekend on our own to peek through the windows of a couple (vacant) places we like. 

Now that we're married, this is the kind of thing we do for fun. Hooray!

1 comment: