Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Peanut Butter Cookies

Back when I had more free time (i.e. no Baby), I used to get all fancy about potlucks. Nowadays, I consider it a win to leave the house wearing pants. But I still go to kind of a lot of potlucks. 

When Hubby and I went to the super secret preppers' club meeting, it was a potluck. When Baby and I go to the old biddy book club, it's a potluck. Community events are pretty much all potlucks. 

So I decided I need to have a go-to recipe for potlucks that's easy, yummy, and made with ingredients I usually have in the house. These peanut butter cookies are perfect. Except they came out kind of messy because I rolled them into balls with one hand because I was holding Baby with the other. Yay multitasking!


Ingredients 
1 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup peanut butter 
1 stick butter
1 tsp vanilla
1 egg
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda

How-to:
Beat brown sugar, peanut butter, and butter in a stand mixer until combined. Add vanilla and egg and beat again. Add flour and baking soda and beat again. 
Roll dough into meatball-sized balls and spread out on an ungreased cookie sheet. 
Use a fork to smoosh an X into each cookie. This is crucial, otherwise no one will know they're peanut butter cookies. 
Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes. They're done when they're puffy and just a little squishy. You'll probably have to eat one to make sure they're done. Just try to wait long enough so that you don't burn the inside of your mouth like I may or may not have. 


Happy potlucking!

1 comment:

  1. Lucky folks who are at those pot-lucks!!!!! YUMMMMMMMY!!!!

    ReplyDelete