Friday, September 27, 2013

The Right Choice

When my honey and I first sat down with our officiant, one of his first comments was that this wasn't the first relationship for either of us. What he meant by this is that we'd both experienced other people and knew (more or less) what we were looking for in a life partner. I thought I knew what he was talking about at the time, but now I think I truly understand.

Yesterday was one of my honey's and my first days off together since we got home from our honeymoon. We painted our living room. It was a perfect day, and I couldn't help thinking back to the last time I did any "remodeling:" my ex kept complaining about how much of a hassle it was going to be to paint, and it was going to take so long, and it probably wouldn't even look that good when it was done, so we might as well not even bother. So I waited until he was out of town and painted while he was away (he came back and said how amazing it looked--which wasn't enough to convince me that he should stick around as long as the wall color). This time? My honey helped with the prep work, helped with the painting, and even made me a cocktail while I was painting. It was a relaxing activity, and had a result I will be enjoying for a very long time. I definitely made the right choice.

1 comment: